Saturday 19 September 2015

Fashion Books To Read

This is the second time I am writing this post as it decided to walk off the face of the earth rather than stay in my drafts - not annoyed at all, clearly. It started something like... Being a fashion student I often find myself picking up books to learn more about my aspiring industry and thought I would share a few I have read recently. I have to admit they also make great coffee table books!
Fashion The Ultimate Book Of Costume And Style
This book reminds me so much of GCSE/ A Level textiles not sure if that is a good or a bad thing to tell you the truth. This book tells you all about the fashions through the years. It is always good to know about the art movements, style of the era, new creations and IT girls/brands. Plus all the good ones come back around every now and again (*cough* seventies is everywhere right now). I find it hard to pick my favourite but if I had too I think it would be the fifties.
The Fashion Book
If you want to work in Fashion you need to know who is who, who does what and who goes where. I remember when I was at my first day at uni and they made us to a team building quiz in groups. One round they put pictures of people up on the board and we had to write down which brand they belonged to, the obvious ones we got straight away and then nothing. It suddenly clicked how I could easily pass some of my favourite designers on the street and have no idea what so ever. Which led to the purchasing of this book as I wanted to brush up on my knowledge. This tells you all you need to know about anyone who is a someone in the world of fashion.
Far Fetch Curates Designs
This is a new release from a series created by Far Fetch. The second instalment informs you all about everything that is trending in the design world. I think it's important to remember that fashion is influenced a lot by external factors and often spreads itself across architecture and interiors. This book opens your eyes to some behind the scenes action, adds a few extra places to your bucket list and the thought process behind some of today's outcomes. A light read too so great for gaining some much needed inspiration before term time. Buy (here).
Would you like me to make this in to a series? I know you guys like those and you always seem to respond well too them. They can be a whole range of books I've been reading not just fashion ones, let me know what you think!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig