Saturday 10 August 2013

Life Of A Charlotte

Recently at work we were all put into categories according to our own personal style. The name states all but I'm a 'Charlotte'. This means I like classic styles. I felt this is very fitting for me as I am very traditional girly girl in the way I dress and often look back on previous eras for inspiration. I feel the 1950's and 20's are my favourite era's. Here is the first outfit which I put together.

Blouse: New Look
Dungaree Dress: New Look
Bag: Primark
Dungaree's have been a massive trend this year so when this cute ditsy print version came in to work I couldn't resist. I like that the dungaree's are still denim and are only printed with the white flowers as these are both easy to match with a number of other items. With the weather getting a bit cooler I decided to team this with a pastel pink blouse for a bit of added warmth and a matching bow satchel. This particular outfit reminds me a bit of the 50's due to the shape to the bottom of the dungaree's, it has so much volume due to the gathering at the waist.
My second outfit is something a little bit different...
Top: New Look
Skirt: New Look
Jacket: H&M
Shoes: New Look
For this outfit I merged two styles together. I did my own style which is shown in the top which has small applique flowers sewn on, the frilled socks and the colours used. This against the harsh rock chick feel of the black and biker jacket gave the outfit a new and fresh edge. This outfit is very casual and comfortable so it was perfect to wear for work. The top shows a lot of attention to detail and reminds me of one I liked in Topshop last year.
Both outfits shown I feel fit perfectly why I chosen for the 'Charlotte' category as the shapes were both classic and girly as well as adding my own twist.
Aine x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig