Wednesday 22 March 2017

London Cafe Series: Peggy Porschen, Chelsea

When my friend from uni asked if she could come down and stay with me for the weekend I was delighted and obviously responded with a definite yes. The first thing that always springs to mind is what can I fill our day and evening with to make it an equally enjoyable weekend for both of us. You can't really go wrong with cake!


You probably recognise this little pink building situated in Chelsea as it pops up on our Instagram feeds every other day. Notably it is one of the most visually pleasing places I think I've ever laid eyes on. I think we all know I have a big place in my heart for pastel pink, especially when it's done in such a sophisticated way. Peggy Porschen had to be part of my London cafe series for its sheer elegance that it brings to the table. 

Although it may not somewhere to lunch, it's the ideal stop for your well deserved, weekend pick me up. With an array of beautifully designed cakes or the option of afternoon tea I couldn't have picked a better spot for us to catch up. Luckily we went on a day where the sun was shinning and I could sit outside in my long sleeved tee very comfortably. However there are seats inside, if the typical english weather does it's thing. I feel I should let you know in advance if you are thinking of popping by, seats are limited especially with it being such a popular destination. If you aren't wiling to wait their packaging to take away is equally as stunning and you can enjoy on-the-go or share at home. 
My friend and I both opted for the same Vanilla Latte with the Glorious Victoria cake. Sometimes it's best to go classic when you try somewhere new, with that in mind the Victoria sponge certainly did not fall short of perfection. The cake was baked with real vanilla and had layers of raspberry jam and vanilla bean buttercream. Topped with a pale pink icing in this stunning swirl piping around the edge and down the sides, the cake also looked the part. My friend and I both nodded in approval that it was just the right amount of sweet. If you don't want to opt for a slice they also have adorable cupcakes. On my next trip I want to try the Salted Carmel, Cookies & Cream and the Red Velvet. There are also cookies available if cakes aren't your cup of tea. With a variety of stationary, utensils and baking books on display to purchase, it is like heaven for any passionate foodie with a sweet tooth. 

I thought adding this parlour in to the mix would help to give you more choice, rather than brunch like Palm Vaults or Cafe Miami, this place can satisfy your cravings for something more indulgent.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig