Monday 8 August 2016

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill

For my graduation I browsed Birmingham's best to find somewhere nice to eat for our celebration. I came across Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill at the top of the cube in the Mailbox District. After a short walk from the ceremony along the canal we arrived with a city view window seat = dreamy.
The modern rooftop restaurant felt like the ideal choice to finish what had already been a lovely day. There were orchids hanging from the ceilings, a garden terrace and 360 views of the city I spent three years studying, sounds perfect right? The decor was mostly monochrome with interesting prints which added to the contemporary style. With one of the best seats in the house we were glad we booked and lucky that even on a busy day they managed to seat us by the window allowing us to fully appreciate the view.

Once we were seated we ordered a bottle of white wine to celebrate my graduation. As the toasts were made, the cheers were said and sips were taken we browsed the menu to see what was taking our fancy. Like most restaurants like this unfortunately there wasn't many options for vegetarians/vegans or those with allergies although I'm sure if I'd have asked they would have done there best to accommodate me. Being vegetarian and gluten-free is another hurdle for the food industry to conquer it seems most think you are one or the other!
Ignoring my intolerance to wheat I ordered the macaroni of wild mushrooms, I have to admit after being informed by the doctor I am still struggling to give up wheat altogether, in moderation it's effects aren't so bad. Plus the combination of it all with poached egg was too hard to turn down. How appealing am I making this sound right now? Whoops. It was an incredible meal that I can't fault. The flavours were delicious, one of those I would so lick the plate if no one was around type dishes (not that I do that). As this was the first thing I'd eaten all day due to nerves I was completely happy to take a look at the dessert menu. I was treating myself after all!

I opted for the warm Chicago chocolate brownie which I have to admit I was slightly disappointed with after being overly impressed by the main. There wasn't anything special about the brownie from others I'd tried but the chocolate sure did fix my sweet craving. As for the wheat I'd already broken the ban, my exact words we "you only live once" *cringes*. 

The service was top notch offering assistance whenever it was needed, filling our glasses, ensuring we were happy with our meals and even congratulating me on my achievement. I'm glad we picked this venue, overall it was a really welcoming atmosphere with a high standard of food. I would highly recommend for those without eating intolerances or certain dietary choices.
Share:

1 comment

  1. What a fabulous place to eat! Love the setting!x
    flareaforte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig