Saturday 23 April 2016

First Impressions Of Leighton Denny

I love being introduced to new brands in the hope that I find an undiscovered gem that I can rave about. I am definitely the type of person who can get caught up in the front runners and bigs names, when really some of the other brands can do the same thing sometimes even better. I had the opportunity to test Leighton Denny's Lip Dual and Light & Dark Fragrance.
Lip Dual

06 Sheer Bravery
Lipstick And Stain

The colour of this lip dual is very Kourtney Kardashian, that was one of the first things that popped into my head when I saw it. I love wearing a dark lip especially for nights out. One thing that is annoying though is when the staying power isn't as good as you hoped. Whether its the ring of nothing from it transferring on to your cocktail, a general fade or loosing the perfect application you started with. The great thing about this is that you can use both ends alone or combine them for a stronger, longer lasting finish. 

The stain is good if you want to add some colour but want something more subtle. This end is the perfect amount for day wear. The application is really light and your lips just soak the liquid up to leave you with a purply tint. On the other hand the lipstick is build-able so with one layer it also appears a light wash and for a darker colour you just keep applying. This is good as sometimes darker shades can be a little bit daunting, especially if you have a lighter skin tone so it is a good way to test the water and get a shade you are happy with.

I generally really like the concept but I do find it a bit messy fist time round. I'm sure once I keep using it I will get better, I think a lighter colour would also be much easier to conceal my rubbish lipstick applying skills. The sheen finish gives a really kissable effect and makes it super lightweight and comfortable on the lips.
Light And Dark

Fragrance 

Leighton Denny provide a number of different fragrances. I smelt two of their unisex fragrances and the female fragrance, although they all smelt amazing this one sang to me. This is very different to what I usually go to as it isn't my fruity/floral scent. With top notes of mandarin, grapefruit, peach and white pepper it has a really desirable element. Although it is target at females I think it would really appeal to the male market! The mysterious characteristics make it so interesting, wearing it throughout the day brings out so many different elements. 

The fragrance unfortunately does loose its scent after a while and I feel as if I can't smell it half way through the day. However this can be easily resolved by just carrying around a top up too keep you smelling great all day. To be fair I'm not sure if it's just because it seems so strong at the beginning and then it just blends with my skin or if I have just gotten use to the scent. 

The packaging is very simple, classy and monochrome. One thing I can praise them for is that I don't feel as if they are very heavily branded or logo's here there and everywhere. I love the fact it's minimal and all about the product, the use of clever 'L-D' names makes intriguing in its own way.
I would like to thank Leighton Denny for gifting me these items to try and share.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig