Monday 29 February 2016

How To Do Negative Nail Designs

I have been seeing these negative, triangle space nail designs everywhere and I am massive fan. When I was younger I used to love doing nail art and it's something I grew out of but thought I would give it a try once again!
Nail art requires a lot of patience, a steady hand and some free time. This certainly won't go well if you don't have those three things. I love getting my nails done as I'm sure I've mentioned previously but not everyday gels so I thought I would give this nail art trend a go in the comfort of my own home.

Firstly, the easy part is just collect the colour you wish to use. I opted for one of my favourite pink shades. Although you may think it's hard to see but I believe it's perfect for your first attempt (much easier to hide the mistakes). If you would like to apply a clear base coat prior to the colour you can also do that, but don't worry if not because mine was empty and I went without. The whole point of this style is so show you natural nail colour but you could also colour block one underneath or use different colours for different nails - get creative!
The next step is actually a lot simpler than you think. I couldn't be bothered with the tape and other things that I have seen suggested. The way I did it was just doing a cross over the nail and then filing in the uncovered areas at the top. Are you getting what I mean? I hope so. You are probably wondering about the mess you are creating around you nails. Don't fear, an old trick is using a cotton ear bud, dipping it in nail polish remover and brushing it over the edges to get rid of the excess. Then there you have it - fancy looking nails. Finish with a top of your choice.



Products Mentioned:
Barry M Nail Polish | Ballerina
Nourishing Nail Varnish Remover | Superdrugs Own
Please send me your pictures if you give it a try - I'm on twitter or Instagram @AineTagon, can't wait!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig