Saturday 13 June 2015

Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot

The summer sun has arrived and my oily skin has stepped up a notch. Join me on my journey of trying to find the perfect dewy summer skin  that stays that way.
If you have followed my beauty ventures recently you'll be fully aware the whole primer/foundation route just isn't enough to give my skin a mattifying effect. I also think it looks more natural with some glow in there so I have always avoided the thought of powders. It just scared me thinking my make up would look too much, which obviously is the last thing anyone wants.

For my skin colour it's hard to find a powder which suits my skin tone that's at a reasonable price. When browsing boots I came across Soap and Glory's one heck of a blot. Being branded as a super translucent mattifying powder I was like yes please, help me, I am the melting mess holding you.

I've been putting it to test the past couple of weeks applying it in the mornings and popping it in my bag for that on the go fix. To tell you the truth it does the job pretty darn well. It's really light weight you can barely feel or tell that it's there. I've been dusting it lightly all over my face but mostly focusing on my T-zone area as that is where the problem it at. For my face it works perfectly and still allows for a natural glow. I would say for my T-zone I have to top it up around lunch time and maybe again in the evening if I am going out. Let's be real that isn't bad at all, think I may have found the perfect touch up.

It has a slight yellow undertone which works really nicely to set the concealer under my eyes. This is great to stop them from creasing and keeping the under eye looking tip top! The finish is very silkily, soft and it sits really nicely on the skin. 

I also personally really like the packaging. The vintage feel always has a place in my heart. The mirror in the lid is super handy when I'm on the go too so it's a yes from me.

Share:

2 comments

  1. I've been on the hunt for a translucent matte powder for a while now, I'm definitely going to be checking it out next time I'm in Boots so thank you for this!
    xx

    Rebecca | WALLFLOWER

    ReplyDelete

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig