Tuesday 27 August 2013

Galway Girl

Hello fashion and beauty bloggers! Hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend. This post is all about what I got up to, which is clearly given away in the name. I went to Ireland to visit my mum's side of the family which are located in Galway. We celebrated my granny's birthday which is actually today and my parents 20th wedding anniversary on the Sunday. Unfortunately with the rush of it all I wasn't able to catch a photo of the outfit I wore there but I promise I'll blog about it as soon as it comes out the wash. We left early Saturday morning to ensure we arrived on time for my granny's birthday party. This was a day thing which finished at around 8 o'clock. My cousins and I then arranged to go to a house party and then a pub/bar afterwards.

Dress: Miss Selfridge
Jacket: H&M
Necklace: Topshop
Wedges: New Look
Bag: New Look
I had a great time in the 1920's style dress. The shift dress shape and the art deco print fit perfectly in to that era. I brought this dress after watching the Great Gatsby in the cinema. This has always been one of my favourite era's of fashion and I felt very inspired after watching the film so when I saw this dress in Miss Selfridge I had to buy it. As the weather there is certainly a lot cooler I wore it with my faux leather jacket from H&M for some added warmth.

Blouse: Zara
Jacquard Leggings: Topshop
Boots: New Look
On the Sunday my parents and I met up with some family friends for a pub lunch at the ferry inn. The pub had a real warm and eclectic feel which was perfect for a catch that has been long over due.

Blouse: New Look
Jumper: New Look
Necklace: Topshop
Leggings: Zara
Heeled Boots: Boohoo
Before I knew it I was already on my way home Monday. The time flew by so quickly. The weather there was what you would expect from Ireland so this jumper kept me nice and cosy. I am having this weird obsession with love heart printed clothes which you have probably noticed if you have read my 'Queen Of Hearts' blog earlier this month. I'm now even considering getting this blouse in the white version with black hearts too as they are so easy to wear and are perfect now we are coming up to them autumn/winter seasons.

What did you get up to this bank holiday? Let me know.
Aine x
Share:

1 comment

  1. Cool post and love your blog darilng!

    SSSx
    www.stylestreetstalker.com

    ReplyDelete

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig