Monday 25 June 2018

What I Wore: Ascot

It has almost become a family tradition to attend Royal Ascot. My parents in particular are a big fan of the races and I think we all know I love a good excuse to dress up therefore all the Tagon's are happy. Although a few years had passed where we hadn't been I am happier than ever to bring this family day out back in to our lives. I attended on Saturday the 23rd June and spent the day in the Queen Anne enclosure.  


My sister and I met my mum at the enclosure gates making our way to the stands ready to place our first bets of the day. Beforehand there was a lot to be prepped. For me I think the hardest was trying to find a dress I liked which met the strict dress code rules. The length was not the issue, more the strap/bardot ban! Why are all summer dresses skinny straps or off the shoulder? It made dress shopping unbearable. I asked around the office is anyone had any recommendations for places to look and one of the names that bounced around was Chi Chi London. As soon as I went home I was straight online and was spoilt for choice especially with the helping hand of their Races Edit. I was torn between three but in the end opted for Nikki Dress (which if you are 5"2 or under like me also comes in petite). This blue shade is a colour I love wearing and have been told it compliments my skin tone therefore it's something I will wear over and over again.

I paired with more muted accessories in a Nude Rose colouring with my fascinator, heels and Lips Clutch. My dynamic Lulu Guinness duo added some personality as well as a fun youthful touch to my outfit, making it all feel much more me. The fascinator was actually the first thing I purchased, I fell in love with the shape and knew whatever I wore pink would be something that matched. 
The standout accessory for me was actually my new Rose Gold Hoop Earrings. I have been wearing these non-stop since the delivery arrived and was excited to finally share them with you in a post. They are by a brand called Sacet who make jewellery from recycled materials in an ethical and conscious way. Rose gold is my metal of choice and after spotting their collection I was instantly drawn to their unique designs. I chose the Lujia Hoop Earrings which are modern twist on a classic. They have a slight curve which sits beautifully against your skin. This quality design was the perfect finishing touch and can easily be mixed and matched with other pieces. The minimalistic packinging has a luxe feel and I love the card inserts about who made your set - so thank you Pavin and Avinash.

Shop The Look (Similar):

I had such a wonderful day, even if I only came back with the grand total of £5.00! Already looking forward to next year.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig