Sunday 17 June 2018

Family Dinner At Madison

I have been wanting to go to Madison since moving to London over a year and a half ago. It is one of those places you hear so much about due to the spectacular views. Whether you just fancy hanging out on the roof terrace which acts as a bar/lounge or you wish to dine in the restaurant, this place has all the metropolitan feels.


Around Bank station isn't an area I have really visited enough, it sounds like an odd thing to say but walking around I felt more as if I lived in London. The built up area with suited business workers and traffic filled streets felt like a far cry from my normal North West London lifestyle. Walking through the hustle and bustle I met my sister and parents for a belated birthday celebration and we always like to try something slightly more special. Although my sister had been before it was only for drinks so I treated her to dinner enabling us to all fully experience what Madison has to offer.

We decided to go for the set three course menu which you are able to choose starting from £35, we added a glass of champagne which naturally upped the price but as it was a special occasion it was worth the extra splurge. Once we were seated we browsed the menu, which was limited for vegetarians like myself but this isn't normally a shock for more high brow restaurants. My sister and I went for the heritage beetroot and robiola which came with a side of beetroot ketchup, pecan nuts and sprouted lentils. This was an incredible way to start off our meal, I think it may actually have been my favourite course in terms of flavour. The fear being a vegetarian and eating out is the food being veg after veg, a basic pasta in tomato sauce or worst of all...bland. This was so far from that, the flavours were interesting, unique and nothing like I've ever tasted before. My parents opted for the parsley soup with montgomery cheddar beignet which was finished shortly after its arrival, so I will say that was also its a hit.
For our main course, my sister, mum and I picked the ricotta and parmesan dumplings in parsley, asparagus, spelt, wild garlic, cep and dashi broth. Again, another interesting dish - I particularly took to the dumplings. It was so well seasoned that it didn't cross my mind to add anything else, perfect just as it arrived. My dad (the only meat eater) settled on the corn-field chicken breast marinated in miso with sides of baked polenta, onion puree, turnips and crisp sage. He certainly was spoilt for choice! The sizes of each course were ideal to leave you with enough room for the next without feeling overly filled or uncomfortable. 

Last but not least we mixed up the dessert line up with my dad, mum and I going for the passion fruit cheesecake, raspberry and pinenuts. Presentation was the best for this - It almost felt like bake off with it's deconstructed design. It would have got our Paul Hollywood handshake of approval. I had my eye on that from the start, however if you have a more savoury tooth like my sister then you can choose the baked normandy camembert with croutons and quince jelly. She is the queen of cheese boards and tucked in happily, sharing one with my mum who just wanted to taste. Although so many attend for breath-taking views of the London skyline, the menu does not disappoint, this affordable deal is definitely worth taking up if you ever get the opportunity. The atmosphere was fantastic, I think because we went on a Thursday evening which is a popular social night it really boosted our time there. Would love to go again and try some of their cocktails!

Shop The Look (or Similar):


Top - Asos, Jeans - Topshop, Shoes and Bag - Lulu Guinness
Let me know if there is anywhere else you would like me to review!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig