Monday 12 September 2016

More Than Skincare With Simply Beautiful Collection

Simply Beautiful Collection is a British, natural, fuss-free skincare brand that I've been using over the past few weeks. Having recently celebrated 25 years in the business I knew my skin was in well trusted hands. Knowing I might be the one to introduce you to their inclusive range is something that I was truly excited to get my hands on, test and share,  hoping that all of you would be able to find something tailored to you too. 
Today I've got six products to go through with you, I will talk about each product individually but also what they work well with. You'll be happy to know that Simply Beautiful Collection don't test on animals and prides itself on its use of natural ingredients and eco friendly packaging = massive thumbs up!

If you want to try before you buy they also offer little mini samples for next to nothing so you can always give anything you like the sound of a go. Great idea wish more companies did this.
Collagen 3-in-1 Cleanser
This is basically a triple action cleanser that removes all traces of make-up dirt, oil and impurities, gently lifts away eye make-up and mildly exfoliates. So really way more than three in one! I apply this twice a day, once in the morning on my bare skin as I find I can wake up with a layer of oil from the warmer temperatures we have been experiencing in the evenings. It's surprising the amount your skin needs it just as much in the morning as the evening when it comes to taking your make-up off. 

I massage this over my face working it in to my face, neck and then focus on my eyes. The eyes just need a gentle rub before you will see the product come away. Yes for a moment you are giving yourself panda eyes as the product smudges around the area but not to worry that washes right off, works even better with the next product I discuss. This is amazing at taking off any level of make-up from my simple day to my glam nights, even managing some of my more difficult products to remove. Waterproofs and liquid lipsticks are notorious for being hard to budge but with this were removed with ease, making the process quick and simple. The product is beautifully fragranced with a light, summery scent that I just can't get enough of. For once I don't feel like my skin feels completely stripped which is nice and I fully appriciate the smoother and clearer surface I've achieved in the time I've been using this.
Skin Shammy Face Cloth
I actually dread to think of the days before this product was in my life. Whether I was using a flannel or Muslin cloth this is by far the best thing ever invented. It works the same way but seems far more hygienic in my opinion. You can literally use it and then rinse it under warm water and it looks brand new. It's machine washable so you can keep it bacteria free and clean to use over and over. The cloth helps the cleanser to remove all traces of residue left on your skin. It's so soft words can't describe. The smooth surface is ideal for sensitive skin and working around your eyes. This is a product I can not rave about enough and such a steal for only £5. Honestly once you use this it will change your life, I'm thinking of buying another to use whilst this is in the wash because life just isn't as good when it's not around. Plus it's pink, like WHAT? I swear they are inside my brain.
Propolis Skincare Gel
I love a good skincare gel, I think they work best on my oily skin as they are water based meaning they just soak in to the skin. This one in particular contains Propolis which is rich in amino acids, minerals, vitamins and bio-flavonoids. This boosts your natural face and body care and is recommended for dry, chapped, blemished or stressed skin. I'm thinking this will be a real treat once the change in weather happens, I'm hoping it will keep my skin moisturised and balanced during that time. This works really well if you struggle with keeping your feet ultra soft, I know especially in summer I want my heels to look smooth and soft and I find this has really helped the appearance. The gel formula has a cooling sensation with I thoroughly enjoy but also makes it a great soothing product for itching, burns or bites. What a great all rounder!
Collagen Skincare Gel
As if one gel wasn't enough I was also using this beauty. This is in the same collection as the cleanser so they are an obvious pairing. Apparently it mostly helps to address the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles but I can't really comment on that at just 21 but thought I would include it in case you are a slightly older reader. It also works well for dehydrated skin, if your in need of an intense lift this could be for you! It contains Marine Collagen (which for you and me is protein derived from Fish) a good base moisturiser which can help soften, hydrate and soothe skin. It works well combined with other products as it's so light, ideal for under make-up.
Vitamin ACE Day and Night Cream
A day and night cream I hear you say, how does that work? It can be hard to imagine something that works for both. This formula is so rich one quick finger swipe is enough for my skin. I personally only use it when I feel my skin needs a deep hydration but for you dry to combination girls, you'll love it. Although this is a slightly higher price point than everything else it's moisture levels are unreal.  

It includes Vitamin C known for its brightening properties and Vitamin E excellent for refining, moisturising, firming your skin and finally inside is powerful super foods combination of Mediterranean extracts; Tomato, Olive and Fennel Oils which blend with Vitamin A for a more radiant complexion. It has small pink granules which I found a bit odd at first but they soon disappear. They add a slight exfoliating element which I think is really original and unique to anything I have previously tested.
Grapefruit and Ginger Exfoliating Body Wash
Last product in the mix is something completely focusing on your body. Grapefruit has to be one of my favourite body wash scents, I've picked up a few over the past few months, so much so my flat mates even picked up on it and would compliment the fragrance it left in the bathroom after I had showered. That made me even more excited to try this especially as it's mixed with ginger!  As if that wasn't enough to entice you it includes Jojoba Wax Beads, Elderflower, a herbal tonic of Ivy, Nettle and Fennel too.  This combination aims to gently buff away impurities for a healthier looking skin. It leaves my skin looking and feeling a lot more even and I'm sure the fact it's packed with so much natural goodness will be doing my body the world of good.
After being so impressed with their range I had a look on their website and found an advice section on oily skin (view here) and it has really helped me to understand what may be causing this issue and ways that I can improve my skincare around it. Have a good snoop in that section as they have lots of informative advice for different skin difficulties and is a great way of educating yourself about your skin.


Disclaimer: Thank you to SBC Skincare for gifting these skincare products for me to review, as always all opinions are my own.
Share:

2 comments

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig