Saturday 20 October 2018

What I Wore In Paris

As you have probably gathered from my holiday spam of Paris pictures, I recently visited the beautiful city, naturally using some of the most beautiful backdrops to shoot some of my 'new in' items. As my guide and round up post was already long detailing what I got up to in my 6 days there I decided to share my outfits with you first, and separately in case that is what you were most interested in.

Once I Paris was booked (way back in March) I was so excited to see all sites I didn't get to see before and revisit my favourites. I am such a big fan of travelling and couldn't resist the idea of taking some blog pictures in a slightly different environment to usual. I've never actually purchased from Nasty Gal before this order, however I have been to an event here in London hosted by them before. I often see my friends wearing pieces from them and thought I would give it a try for myself. With items that are classic and trend led with retro inspiration at an affordable price, I truly believe there is something for everyone. You will find a few bits from them throughout this 'What I Wore In Paris' post and this brings me on to my first piece - which was the one I liked the most when initially trying on my mini haul.

Although I enjoy pastel colours and experimenting with textures I would say that is as far as I go from the 'norm'. When it comes to shapes and cut I like to keep things classic. I have a midi summer dress in blue that I wear religiously for every occasion whenever the sun and weather is on my side. Scrolling through their web page I clicked on this in a matter of seconds, knowing how much I loved the alternative, I knew this addition would be equally loved. In a versatile black colour and with the bow at the front of this dress it has points of differentiation but all the similarities I know and love.

I paired it with my lilac blazer for both structure and coverage for the fresh mornings and cooler evenings. With the simple cross body bag and two tone barely there heels, I think it worked wonderfully for my first day exploring the city.

Shop Look One:


For Disneyland I wanted to wear something casual and comfortable yet remain stylish. I've had these jean for at least a year and I love the cheeky 'Girls Rock' embroidery on the back, which injected the fun in to otherwise classic white top and jean pairing. Again this blouse has been worn time and time again, from wireless festival to my mums 60th birthday and now Disney. The ruffle detail and broderie anglaise makes it slightly more interesting and adds shape at the end of the sleeves and hem. My white leather converse were my sensible shoe choice for walking around the studio and park, the right decision when on your feet all day. Although I didn't really need the jacket throughout the day it certainly was needed whilst we awaited the start of the firework display. Not usually part of my every day look, Minnie Mouse ears, but I would say considered an essential accessory for the day.

Shop Look Two:

 
A black little dress is always such a good idea to pack, it's a failsafe go-to for a reason. I've been loving these more updated casual styles that have been everywhere at the minute. The contrasting buttons down the centre in a brown-ish colour bring character to this piece. In a comfortable A-line shape this is one you can wear all year round. I think now its cooler it will look great with turtle neck underneath, a pair of black tights and heeled boots. Whilst the weather was much better here I popped in this polka dot hair tie to add a print and think it framed my loose curls perfectly.

Shop Look Three:


For the Palace of Versailles I saved this stunning off the shoulder midi dress. I wanted to wear it somewhere special and where better than a palace with the most amazing gardens? Naturally, I styled with heel to elevate the look but also the strap style is very flattering with this particular cut. I like that the dress has contrasting buttons down the front, in the centre and also the tie waist to nip you in. The subtle ruffle along the top is very flattering and so is the the camel tone against my skin.

Shop Look Four:


For my final look before the Eurostar home, I wanted to go classic. I've had this shirt dress for a few years now and I honestly pat myself on the back every time I see it hanging in my wardrobe. It is hands down one of the most wearable pieces I own. A classic white shirt dress, styled with my converse to power walk through the city streets at speed and also a beret for a Parisian touch. Steph kindly did a french plait too which I haven't done in forever so was nice to have a change in hairstyle.

Shop Look Five:

Let me know which look was your favourite!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig