Tuesday 5 July 2016

Turning Negatives In To Positives

Life is full of challenges and that is just the way it works. It's hard to avoid the inventible, sometimes things get tough and other times we can find it hard to stay positive when it feels like our whole world as we know it is falling apart. Sometimes it's about finding the small positive in the negative and focusing primarily on that.

It still sometimes surprises me how much one person can go through and come out the other end still kicking. Everyone copes with the tough times in different ways - I for one have two clear reactions. I'm either make a complete joke of the situation, maybe even myself or burst in to tears and lock myself up until I have had enough of my own self pity to get out of this rut I had put myself in. 

Recently I've been pretty lucky *touches wood* with the way things are going. However that doesn't mean I haven't had my minor set backs which is what I wanted to talk to you about today. We all have those little niggling words that were said in the mix of a sentence that we cling on to and repeat over and over in our heads... know what I'm talk about? For me I can barely count the amount of times this year I've been told this year "are you going to be able to do that?". When I tell someone something with the confidence I had in myself to commit to that statement, the response matched with the tone wasn't really the enthusiasm I expected. Honestly those words overwhelmed my body with doubt, am I biting off more than I can chew? Am I being too ambitious? Will I be able to do it? These questions popping up constantly in my head almost making me fearful to say another word.
First it was my dissertation and the fact it covered a lot of phycology due to the way in which people relate to women of colour in the media focusing on the fashion industry. Apparently this seemed to complex for little ol' me doing a fashion degree to achieve. Well guess what I pushed her thought aside and turned that 'you can't do it' in to I will show you exactly what I can do. That's exactly what I did and I got one of the highest marks in my year. That's the lesson of the story really, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something or crush your dreams. 

That's just one of many cases this year alone. I believe in constructive criticism but saying things like "your not original enough to ever make it as a blogger" is just criticism with no helpful comments. I'm all for being a realist but you know what your capable of better than anyone else. Stay in control of your feelings and future by always seeing the positive. I know it's much easier said than done but I've been doing this since the beginning of the year and I'm already feeling much better about so many things. Isn't it odd how just simply changing the perspective of how you see things can actually help you see things much clearer.

  What I Wore:
Dress | Topshop
Camo Jacket | Edy & Bridge
Heels | New Look
Bag | Kate Spade

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig