Saturday 23 July 2016

Rooftop Brunch At Gallow Green

I was lucky enough to be treated to a trip to New York for my 21st birthday! The first thing I did was email my contacts and get a list of places I should go. The amount of responses that included this place I knew it wasn't one to miss on my trip.
As soon as we landed we booked in our brunch at the rooftop bar called Gallow Green. It is located in the Chelsea area, close to the highline which we had walked along just the day before. The place itself comes under McKittrick Hotel which is mostly known for the "Sleep No More’s" event which we were sadly unable to attend during our stay. Nonetheless this is certainly a stop to add to your list. In the week it is a rooftop bar and on weekend it hosts brunch, which fitted in perfectly with our schedule. 

As we arrived we were kindly greeted by staff and the adventure begins as soon as you enter the lift. You are given all the information you need to know and even advice on what to try during your time there. My sister and I were seated at our table and were generously topped up with tea, coffee and mimosas. The brunch is served in a buffet style where you can help yourself to a selection of yummy food. Honestly there is something for everyone - savoury, sweet, healthy, you name it. The food was constantly be replenished from the open kitchen keeping it hot and fresh. 

I have no shame in admitting I went up more than once, I mean who could help themselves with such choice! Firstly I had scrambled eggs, potato fingers, grilled asparagus, tomato and spinach. As I sipped on my coffee, soaked up the atmosphere and tucked in to my food I couldn't think of a better way to start my day. Taking full advantage of the buffet it was time to satisfy my sweet tooth. As I looked around I spotted the Cinnamon swirls and I'm not sure what it is at the minute but I can't turn down anything with Cinnamon, It's my favourite flavour right now. To balance it all out a bit I paired it with a handful of mixed berries, perfect way to finish the dish.
As we chatted away discussing our trip so far, the plans yet to come and a few 'this is so good' inserted here and there we were throughly enjoying ourselves. To our surprise there was actually a live band too which we weren't aware of when booking. The musicians and singer had a real jazz vibe which was such a treat, had me swaying (although that could have been the drink to at such early hours of the morning). 

The setting is truly magical, I would forget that we were on a rooftop at times let alone in the 'city that never sleeps'. With greenery everywhere you turned, stunning 360 views of the city and a rustic appeal I would recommend everyone adding this to your NYC guide. If the train track inspired entrance, fairy lights and bunting isn't enough to draw you in I'm not sure what will.

I added some outfits looks from the day I went and the previous day as they haven't felt quiet right anywhere else, added bonus for you.
Outfit One - What I Wore:
Top | H&M
Jeans | Topshop
Bag | Michael Kors
Shoes | Topshop
Ring | Pandora


Outfit Two - What I Wore:
Top | Topshop
Jeans | Topshop
Shoes | Topshop
Bag | Kurt Geiger
Ring | Family Heirloom

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig