Monday 26 January 2015

Bourjois Quad Smokey Eye Stories

These come in so many shades but this is the one that lots my boat. Something about purple/pink toned makeup that I love. Ovbioulsy I love a good brown smokey eye but this is something which I wanted to add to my collection that I didn't have. Plus these tones are super pretty in the pan and wanted something a bit brighter with spring summer in mind.
With in each palette it consists of four shades - a prime, shadow, define and highlight. The prime is to use over the lid primarily to help the colour pay off and also to pro-long the wear. A shadow to blend into the outer corner of the eye in a medium shade. Define which is placed in the crease and finally the highlight glitter which can be placed in the inner corner and on brow bone to illuminate. This is they way its supposed to be used but that doesn't mean that you can't play around with it and mix things up. It's also very handy that they have teamed together four perfect shades for you, hard work done which makes this perfect for any evening look (especially if you are like me and don't want to put too much thought in the majority of the time).
With the shades being muted it means this palette can also work really well in the day. The pigmentation overall is okay not anywhere near the urban decay level but good. I don't really ever use the brushes that come with eye shadow palettes as I just font think they work as well as more professional brushes. The glitter is prone to some fall out just because they are in rather large specs but I do find it looks very beautiful on the eye and catches the light well.

The best thing for me is that they are compactly packaged meaning they are perfect if you are travelling and slipping in to your everyday make-up bag without taking up ridiculous amounts of space. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig