Thursday 3 October 2019

London Cafe Series: 3 Must-See Cafes in Mayfair

You know I mean business when I'm back to brunching and blogging! I'm so torn at the minute with content, what to do/share and my online space in general but these three cafes deserve to be added to the list of places you must-visit when in London.

 1. Kalifornia Kitchen

19 Percy Street, London, W1T 1DY



Situated a stones throw from Tottenham Court Road Kalifornia Kitchen's the perfect pre-shopping fuel pitstop or post-shopping energiser. The bright pink-coloured exterior with yellow branding and teal chairs so bold it would be difficult not to stop you in your tracks. Serving vegan & healthy plant-based food it has been on my list to visit for a while. It so refreshing how many places are popping up that cater to dietary requirements, gone are the days where you only had the same tomato pasta as the only veggie option. As the movement of abstaining from any animal products or harmful plastics it makes the brunch guilt free too! 

Browsing the menu with “Healthy is sexy” as the motto there was a real mix of brunch classics with a twist and somethings unique to them. As I've experienced a few health issues recently this trip was me transitioning at the end of my FODMAP diet so of course I went for the Buckwheat and banana pancakes. I just wanted something that was one of my favourite dishes and topped with banana, blueberries, strawberries and almond brittle it was the healthy but indulgent start to the day I was looking for. 


This is one of the first places I've seen with 'shots' to boost your immune system, smoothies and juices for wellness needs, and CBD (cannabidiol) lattes to alcoholic beverages. They had so much on offer I was spoilt for choice, but stayed in my comfort zone of english breakfast tea - maybe next time I will be more daring. I think for both food and drink it really does have something for every mood or occasion but certainly has the photogenic factor too.

Shop My Look:

 2. Ziggy Green 

*Gifted Experience
1 Heddon St, Mayfair, London W1B 4BD


 If you are truly in the centre of it all, this hidden gem is located just off Regent Street. I have been to 3 out of the 10 locations and never had a bad experience. They are all individually designed cafes and restaurants so you get something different every time you go with even options on the menu keeping the core range but special editions to that particular branch.

This is the first time I had visited Ziggy Green which was previously a Grade II former cinema building on the Mayfair street made famous by David Bowie and his Ziggy Stardust album cover. Due to this history of the venue the decor makes references to the man himself and pop-culture with vinyls, artwork and a vivid colour palette. With seating outside for sunnier days and the best people watching spot ore the option of going up a few steps on one of these most beautiful staircases to the dining area this works all year round. 

With Australian food and coffee at the heart of this business, I can confirm they are doing something extremely right for me to visit so many times. On this occasion I chose the 'healthy start' which is made up of celeriac toast, avocado,
poached eggs, broccoli, grilled tomatoes - yum. Again an option that is Vegetarian, Dairy Free and Gluten Free - a very rare dish to come by that tasted incredible. This really does what it says on the tin and I had a mouthful of my friends Falafel which is top of my list to order next time. Timmy Green here I come?

Shop My Look:

 3. Saint Aymes

59 Connaught St, St George's Fields, London W2 2BB



Last but certainly not least, this Cafe has been sitting patiently in my drafts for longer than I care to admit and I'm so pleased to finally get round to sharing it with you. Founded and exclusively designed by two sisters, Michela and Lois Wilson, Saint Aymes holds a special place in my heart. As a black-owned business I was keen to show my support and I love the family connection behind it. Having followed their journey started with confectionary, which is still proudly shown on display its so inspiring to see where these two sister have ended up and a reminder for those who visit not to give up on your dreams. This has to be one of the most Instagrammed cafes and you can see why with the attention to detail from the decor to sweet treats.

 Naturally when going to these places you've already seen a million pictures before arriving and know exactly what you are ordering from seeing it on the grid. The 24ct Gold Unicorn Latte was undoubtedly a must-order available in pink, blue or lilac. I think you could all easily guess which colour I went for! I went there with my flatmate at the time who was leaving London to move to Birmingham so it made the perfect send off brunch for her new beginning so to celebrate we ordered a few of our favourite things and shared them so we could taste it all without the overeating discomfort. We selected a slice of the Red Velvet cake, trio of macarons in the best flavours and the pancakes with mixed berry topping for something slightly more savoury and filing.

Shop My Look:


Happy brunching!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig