Monday 20 November 2017

The Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette For Summer And Winter

For a moment, lets cast our minds back to spring time earlier this year. I was shopping with a friend of mine, browsing the Selfridge's beauty counters considering further purchases I didn't particular need. Did I need another eyeshadow palette, probably not, do I regret purchasing it anyway? Not one bit.
I had my eye on the Sweet Peach palette as soon as it was released. I debated for a long time whether it was too similar to some of the others I already owned and the fact I only ever use them for nights out or special occasions, could I justify parting with £49.00. You know when you can't get it out of your head after 6 months, you simply cannot deny yourself any longer. My friend who I was shopping with was also an enabler having the palette herself and letting me know how much she loves hers. Easily swayed I was at the till within minutes and having had the palette for around nine months now I think I am at a good stage to share my thoughts and review it properly.

Undoubtably since purchasing I find myself reaching for this even more than my Urban Decay Naked palettes, which I didn't think anything would ever beat. This could be that new feeling where you are excited by having something different to create your look with or maybe the fact it smells like peaches has something to do with it. Although I viewed this as a fun and playful bonus, true to the gimmicks of Too Faced as a company, I do feel that it really adds to the experience. I have to admit though my initial attraction was to the rich and diverse shade range. I find the orange, peach and brown colours complementary for all skin tones but particularly flattering on my own. I had been looking for the perfect offering of these shades and felt this was the best match.

I have a set look with this palette that consists of using Nectar as my inner conner highlight and on my brow bone. The light shimmery shade is perfect for adding brightness where its needed and yet soft enough to look natural. My favourite one for all over the lid is Caramelized - this golden, brown metallic shadow is the perfect all year round shade to add some glamour to your lid. Puree is the shade I have been trying to hunt down for ages but had no luck until now, I use it mostly in the crease. I finish the look with Summer Yum to deepen the outer corner and bring that under the eye for a subtle smokey effect.

Having brown eyes I think the Bless Her Heart and Tempting (which are khaki/green colours) bring the best out of what I've got. The pigmented shadows offer true colour payoff even some of the shades such a Candied Peach come out as vivid as they look in the pan. With 18 shades including a few deep purple colours as well, what you are able to create is limitless. The variety provided by this timeless eye shadow palette means you can create modern looks to suit your mood all year round.

Shop The Post:

I'm eager to get my hands on the rest of the collection, or maybe test the chocolate one!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig