Tuesday 27 June 2017

London Cafe Series: Clerkenwell Grind, Soho

Having such filled weekends recently I have slightly neglected my little London cafe series which you all seem to be enjoying so far. My most recent visit being to Clerkenwell Grind, in Soho. Cool, edgy and tasty this place is not only an incredible brunch spot but it also doubles up as an after-dark cocktail bar.

My sister knowing full well about my series was eager to go for lunch and being happy with the other places I've dragged her along to she was okay with me taking the reins once more just informing her with a time and place. After a short walk from the station we arrived both with an appetite for something healthy having admittedly had a naughty week. The selection was extremely tempting and I do believe they really have something for all. I automatically was drawn to the Açaí bowel served with seeds and berries, which my sister later (after much deliberation) hopped on the same bandwagon. When placed in front of me I did not have one regret, being so beautifully presented and filled with goodness I could not wait to tuck in. Within moments we both agreed how refreshing and light it was being the perfect start to our day… something I will do my best to recreate at home!

Alongside this I also opted for the amber smoothie which contains mango, natural yoghurt, vanilla, agave and almond milk. Yes smoothie overload, but 100% worth it. The combination of the two did the job of keeping me full without the post-food bloat or feeling like I needed to take a nap. Win win if you ask me!
Clerkenwell Grind was originally an old warehouse building based between 2-4 Old Street. The rustic exterior and exposed interior brick walls sits perfectly within the alternative Soho setting. With navy wooden wall panels, neon light art and of course pink chairs the interiors are nothing less than what you would expect following my previous instalments. One thing that did make me giggle is over hearing the couple next to us, the boyfriend said to his girlfriend ‘you always suggest these very feminine cafes for us to lunch’ to which she responded ‘but have you ever not liked any of them?’ His response ‘honestly, no’. I couldn't help but thinking in that moment how very me that would be. Who said males can't appreciate the marble tables, gold toned details and mirror filled restaurant and bar too?

The atmosphere was friendly, our waitress in particular being very patient and helpful with the menu as my sister and I quizzed her about her recommendations. One offer of the bottomless prosecco would be perfect if you were going for an occasion or maybe just fancied an afternoon tipple. Just generally thought this would be a great addition to the series, with two other similar branches available in London you may also be able to find one closer to you depending on where you are based or spending the day. Also as previously mentioned it would be an ideal spot for a drink and catch up, I'm very interested to go back for an evening here at some point. Having looked at their cocktail menu I think you'll agree it looks like a good night, plus if brunch was anything to go by it'll be a real treat.
You can read my other reviews in the series here:

Happy reading!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig