Thursday 16 March 2017

5 Rules I Live By

I try my very best with what I have to make the most of every day and every year. When I look back, I want to think to my self 'what a life' not I wish I lived more. Everyone has a few sayings that act as guidelines, often bits of wisdom passed on by those who have graced this earth for much longer. In today's post I'm going to share a few of mine, five to be exact.


1

Learn From Your Mistakes

I think this is one you would've all heard of before. I think most parents in particular love using it, usually after doing something they've told you not to do and when the consequence happens, it is soon followed the dreaded "I told you so" response. As annoying as it is sometimes people can have more clarity when on the outside as their perspective is less involved emotionally, physically and mentally. The truth is none of us are perfect therefore we are bound to make mistakes, the part the really matters is how you deal with it. It takes a strong individual to own up and admit they were wrong. In order to keep moving forward you'll need to use that experience as an example to ensure you don't make the same mistake twice.

2

Always Do More Than Is Expected Of You

I come from a very hard working family who always go above and beyond. I think growing up around that kind of work ethic has made me a very driven young woman, if i do say so myself. I remember as a child my parents telling me I would have to work twice as hard to get to where I wanted to be. Although society has moved a long there is still so many things that hold certain people behind, i.e race, gender, age, education, class, sexuality... the list goes on. Therefore don't give anyone a reason to doubt you. If you do a job and do it well, people will begin to know who you are and believe in what you are capable of. 

3

Assume Nothing, Question Everything

Assumptions can be very dangerous, I think they can limit us in terms of the opportunities that present themselves. The main factor is stereotyping which can hinder us from making logical decisions by judging what is on the outside, it stops us from seeing the beauty on the inside. You have to question everything you see, hear, feel, taste and touch. We are fed so much information without even realising it and subconsciously our outlook changes. Take control of your own mind. Filter what you allow yourself to take in and push out any negative, fake and prejudice media.
4

Don't Take it Personally 

For so long I wore my heart on my sleeve making me very vulnerable in terms of my emotions. I pride myself on being a loyal friend to those I choose to have in my life. Originally I would put everyone on the same level going out of my way to please people. I soon realised I became a human door matt for some who didn't appriciate the things I would do. Of course I'm not saying you should do things for gratitude but at the same time it can get very tiring for you. If someone was to say something negative I would take it to heart and feel deflated instantly. I soon realised some was constructive and those I have become more and more open to taking on board. As for the things people say just to be hurtful, I truly believe that it is more of a reflection of them, than it is of me. The "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" saying is there for a reason.

5

Cherish The Ones You Love

Friends, family and life partners are everything. I go on so much about self love and I do think making time for yourself is key to leading a happy life. However, the people who know me best can put a smile on my face effortlessly and they have helped to shape the person I am becoming. The people who I keep close motivate me everyday to do better things and become better not only for myself but for them. Life has time restraints so you have to make the most of every moment with the people you care about and who care about you.


Shop The Look:

I hope you enjoyed today's post, let me know one rule you live by in the comments!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig