Tuesday 6 December 2016

5 Festive Staples

It's the most wonderful time of the year but not without these five things, every single christmas I notice these festive staples cropping up in store and later in my wardrobe. It's hard not to get in the spirit when I'm wearing them.
First thing is of course the LBD (little black dress, in case you've been living under a rock) what would the party season be without a killer frock. There is no time for celebration like December, that is part of the reason I love it. With parties, nights out and endless evening events your going to need something to get your through the season. Any black dress is an essential in your wardrobe but I find myself reaching for this even more around winter. There are so many different styles that you can find one that flatters you, plus they work well with tights if it's just too much to bare your pins!

If there is one material in particular that screams Christmas its velvet. I remember one year when I was much younger getting a two dress from my Granny in navy and red with a velvet top and satin skirt. From that moment on the fabric always holds a special place in my heart and the memories it brings of past Christmases. It just so happens to be a major trend for this year so lots of designs including this dress from Boohoo.

Faux fur is a great way of adding warmth to your look, which is something you won't regret in the colder temperatures. I added it in this look through my bag but I am on the hunt for a stole, they look so chic. They work well over your jacket or as a shawl type thing to throw over your shoulder. 
 What is a look without a red lip? I'm not a frequent wearer of red but this is certainly the time I feel brave enough to wear it. It really pops especially against an all black outfit like this one. If you are more in to beauty than fashion this is the easiest way in my opinion to add something festive.

Last but certainly not least is metallics. Nothing like a bit of sparkle to get you in the mood. You can do something more subtle like an eyeshadow or maybe something a bit more daring with a shoe. If you want to go all out I have a real soft spot for the pleated skirt designs that are available almost everywhere at the minute. They look great with a tee and trainers for everyday and then simply swap for a pair of heels and fancy top for the evening. 
 Shop The Look:


What are some things you wear that make you feel festive?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig