Saturday 13 August 2016

Kat Von D Shade & Light Palette And Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks Review

As you may have seen from my recent Sephora haul I have been trying to expand my make-up collection. On a recent trip to America I made it my aim to get some highly recommended products that weren't available here in the UK. First to be reviewed is the Kat Von D Shade & Light Palette And Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks.
As soon as Kat's make-up line launched there has been a hype surrounding her products (and again after a release of a certain controversial video, which I would like to say happened before I purchased any products and I'm not taking sides or anything like that). As I had heard so many raving reviews about the shade and light palette and everlasting liquid lipsticks they were top of my list to pick up whilst I was there.

As I looked across the counter there is a clear, distinct branding that I think is very symbolic of Kat herself. Even right down to the typography (or font for a less posh word) links in to her gothic/tattoo style. One thing I feel lets it down the the palette is cardboard and although the black colour is a perfect match with the powders it can get very messy very quickly which I do believe cheapens the appearance. Apart from that I really love the design and the concept but thought I would mention it just incase you were considering picking it up.
Shade And Light Palette
What I think is brilliant before I even tested this was the range of colours available. This can be used across a variety of skin tones and there is the perfect shade for everyone. Also you can match the colour depending on what look you are going for. 

So lets talk about the top row first of all, the 'light' section. Starting from the left you have lucid which is a very pale off white shade, for me I would say it's too light but it would make a good inner eye highlight. Second is my favourite shade lyric, a much better match for me with a yellow/banana powder colouring. Finally levitation which has more of a coral tint, which could work in a dark circle colour correcting way. 

Moving on to the bottom 'shade' area we have sombre which I think is the most natural, ashy contour I've tried. The colour works well in to the hollows of your cheeks and is the one I use when I'm going Angelina Jolie bone structure. As for shadowplay and subconscious these are warm toned browns which would work best as bronzers or a light dusted shaping method to add colour to your face.

Overall a little bit of product goes along way so I'm really impressed with the pigmentation of the palette, hoping it also means I won't have to stock up too soon. I do think I will neglect some of the colours on offer therefore making there presence slightly annoying. There is a guide available inside for cheeks, a slimmer face and shaping your nose which is helpful if you are new to contouring. I'm very happy I picked it up, what's inside is what's most impressive.
Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks
I think lipsticks and palettes is what I tend to invest money in the most so I have been on the hunt to test some liquid lipsticks. The only ones I've tried at this point are the Ciate ones which I was gifted at an event and they have to be one of the most talked about beauty products this year. Liquid lips is the trend I just haven't had enough of yet and after hearing such good things about Kat Von D's I thought while I was at the counter I would see what shades I liked. 

I went for Lolita first as this one has quiet a name for itself already. The colour matches my most worn everyday shades which mostly consists of a browny, pink nude. This colour is spot on and it is hands down my favourite, there was no way I wasn't getting it. Then I came across Nosferatu a deep red colour. As soon as I swatched it I was amazed about how it looked on my hands let alone my lips. Although red isn't a shade I swear frequently this one matches me so well that I couldn't resist. Once the autumn winter months are in fully swing I'm sure this will have it's moment in the spotlight.

The finish is definitely matte! Out of habit I once put a glossy balm on before applying it and it still came out matte, I was like WHAT this is incredible. It's comfortable to wear too so you don't have to worry about that. As for long lasting it is very good, I don't find myself having to reapply often and it only really comes away in the centre of the mouth I've found. Overall the hype did not disappoint, only wished I picked up more!


Shop The Post Here:


Share:

2 comments

  1. I have heard such rave reviews about the Liquid Lips! x
    http://www.flareaforte.com

    ReplyDelete

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig