Thursday 14 April 2016

Weleda Body Lotion Review

I've been on the hunt for a highly nourishing moisturiser to help my skin bounce back from the changing weather dryness. My skin always struggles to adapt and with the new season and a lack of love in the winter months, my body is in the need for deep conditioning with a bit of help from Weleda. 
After having met a few members of their team I was delighted to be introduced to such an incredible brand. Some brands have a bad reputation for green washing and it can be difficult sometimes to know which ones are actually natural but this is certified and one you can trust. I feel a shift coming on in myself leaning towards more eco-friendly, cruelty-free and natural products because honestly they do the job just as well with no nasties. I personally think it's something all brands should strive for but that is a completely different blog post otherwise we will be here for days.

It is reassuring to know that this body lotion is free of synthetic preservatives, fragrances, colourants and raw materials derived from mineral oil. Everything packed in to this is "in harmony with nature and the human being" which had me excited to give it a go. It's also nice looking at the ingredients with some of them looking familiar including voila, chamomile and calendula. 
The cream itself has a rather thick consistency but spreads easily allowing a little bit to go a long way. It's off white colouring shows the natural goodness within and you instantly can smell the lavender in the air. You can use this all over your body but I would suggest using it in the evening and allowing it to work over night. I pop it on just before I get into bed as it can leave a slightly greasy finish to the skin but by the time I've woken up the results are worth it. The lavender scent is also really ideal to help you relax and drift off to sleep, if you were to use it in the morning I would give it time for to sink in to the skin. It doesn't feel to heavy on the skin (if you use the right amount) which is surprising because of how the cream originally feels to touch. 


My skin looks much better after using this and it's certainly something I will be reaching for a lot during summer. Even when I shower in the morning I honestly don't need to mositurise straight after because it feels as if the product is still working. Now I know why they call it skin food because it just drinks/eats it all up! The mini is great for on the go if you have any dry spots such as your hands, feet, knees and elbows which seem to be the spots I usually need to top up. I've also used it as a mask type of product with the feet and hands where I coat my skin in a thin layer of the product before popping on some gloves or socks which works wonders if they are looking a bit worse for wear.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I would like to thank the Weleda team for introducing me to their brand and providing me with these products to test for a review. Can't wait to try a few more bits from them in the future!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig