Sunday 30 August 2015

Mini Mac Haul

I'm no longer a Mac virgin, how exciting! See me first impressions with three brand new purchases I've been testing.
I had to pick up some lipsticks right? That's what I hear most people raving about so thought that would be a good place to start. I thought I would choose two easy going everyday shades so I could make up my mind before purchasing more intense shades.

Taupe
So originally I was on the hunt for the one and only known as Velvet Teddy but they girl before me took the last one, which I hope she enjoys but I would've liked to have a lot more. The shop assistant offered me a few more however I explained I liked the brown side of it more than the pink. This lead to the suggestion of Taupe which has actually proved to be better than I thought. After getting over the disappointment I began to appreciate the colour for what it is. It's what us beauty bloggers describe as a your lips but better shade. The product isn't drying at all and feels creamy if anything so all good in that department. Kylie Jenner watch your back!
Creme In Your Coffee
As if one browny, pink, nude shade wasn't enough I picked up this gem. Rather different though as it is in a creme-sheen finish. The first time it touched my lips I was impressed. The application process is such a dream and if you aren't in to mattes this is perfect. It's not glossy or sticky and I find it very moisturising so ideal if your lips are feeling a bit chapped. The staying power isn't as good as a matte I believe personally but still better than the high street alternatives.

The pigmentation is the best I have ever used, with one swipe you have an opaque colour. Which keeps me hopefully that these will last me a long time. I don't think I will ever get enough of that vanilla fragrance now I've tried and tested them. I will definitely in time add more to my collection, I think a deep purple will be perfect now autumn is round the corner I need to up my berry lip game. I can see what y'all been raving about - I've come over to the dark side (this is dangerous!).
Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
I picked this beauty up in duty free. My sister swears by it and picked up two herself so I thought why not! I haven't had an actual colour powder in so long, probably since my school days (which depressingly was a very long time ago). I thought this might give a helping hand in the oil situation I'm forever banging on about here on my blog! If you haven't heard I'm fed up of being an oily skinned mess so have been trying all sorts to keep me oil free. 

One of the things I like most was how light weight it felt, like literally didn't even feel as if anything was there. It's super build-able and very hard to get that cakey look we all try to avoid. The coverage is light/medium and can be used on its own or over a liquid foundation to help it set. In case you were wondering I got shade NC43 and I love it. Shout out to my sister for twisting my arm even though I wasn't hard to convince.

Mac packaging is minimal and black which I like because it looks sophisticated and sometimes less is more. One thing that is kind of annoying is that there is no shade indication so if you have a few different products i.e lipsticks you could have to go through a couple until you find the one you are looking for. I know there is the shade name on the bottom but you still have to pick them all up... just saying! I'm sure I will get use to it.

I see what they say about "Once you go mac, you never go back"!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig